Saturday, November 5, 2011

15 Minute Show

Today I set up in 20 minutes and had a 15 minute show.

I had ten chairs and about 20 people. I had just repaired the broken puppet show and was excited to use it. The only problem was that I got there at 5pm and it was really getting cold. I grabbed a few kids and put on the boom box.

I introduced myself right a 5 and explained what I was trying to do. We performed to Komeda's "It's Alright Baby " and some other random unplanned song! Next time choose songs before . . . just as important as having a stage and boom box.

Later I play live accordion with songbook and handed out instruments. It was pretty lame but I got through it. I said one last song and then told everyone it was over. No one clapped but I did get a lot of people watching. Kind of ridiculous but can't say I did not try!