Saturday, April 16, 2011

Engineer Eric's Experimental Puppet Show 2o11!

Wow today's puppet show was much better than Wednesday or Thursday. I really enjoyed planning to "Make Original Puppets" and getting together all the things needed to prepare. There were about 14 girls that participated. I could not find the drill bit to drill holes to make the mouth work but just gluing the straws to the egg worked fine.


I really enjoyed sharing how to make my mini puppets on a straw using plastic eggs with hinge to make the mouth work. Next time it will be easier if I get the correct two-sided tape. The tape was really a problem, everyone was complaining then someone said to fold the tape. This made it easier but the eyes didn't really lay flat.


Someone made off with mine with the spring at the base of the "double-straw" that made the mouth actually close.


I welcomed to kids to come up at a time to perform a song with me. People seemed to enjoy watching and there was applause after ever child. I remember Wednesday not having a iPod and having to play accordion most of the time.


Later I performed the "Peter Cottontail" story with Farmer McGregor and it seems to go over pretty well. I remember getting a big laugh from one kid showing him the baby chick pop out of the egg. Later Chris H. came by, we worked on a sketch with the Japanese guys. He came up with the mongoose and having get to loose. He mentioned having the animal on a string which I thought was great.



The chicken laying the golf balls was funny bit I had want to do for months but I missed Peter Cottontails basket, write down what will happen so I don't forget to blow the feathers, better yet get a muchkin to help!

I need to come up with more short sketches with bubbles, I got the sound effects just no story.
1) The spider trying to eat the eggs was a good idea.

Chris had some good ideas.

Story ONE: (Jordan)

One of the EGG 's is missing from the group... of course, all the puppets
blame the weasel, BUT ... actually , the weasel is innocent !
The spider (Bad Guy) had the egg in it's web... ooohhh, busted !
Then the puppets all kick the spider out of the BARN.

Story TWO: (Jordan /Chris)

The Cheer leading dog is frenzied over Peter Cotton Tail, who is stuck in the Tree.
4 Rabbit Puppets come to the rescue and team work their way up the tree... by
hopping up on each other... but when they get up to the tree, Peter jumps into
the Arms of the Cheer leader ! See ya Pals !! he shouts. All the other rabbits
are now stuck in the tree.

Story THREE: (Chris)

4 baby ducks follow Mickey Mouse, who says, "Hey, stop Following me... I'm not
your mother... wait a minute, where is your mother ??? " Mickey then meets
Kermit... and they go together to find the ducks' mother. The Rooster adopts
them and tries to learn how to speak to them using the "Quack Quack" sound,
but it always comes out ... " Quack a Doodle Doo ! " All the duck babies learn
how to speak "Quack a Doodle Doo !"